Healthy Hearts in the Heartland
Geographic Region: Midwest (Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin)
Reach: Practices (250-325), Providers (750-975), Population (1.13-1.46 million)
Healthy Hearts in the Heartland (H3) is a Midwest-based cooperative encompassing southeastern Wisconsin, northeastern Illinois, and northern Indiana, including Indianapolis. The study aims to evaluate the participating primary care practices’ ability to implement point-of-care and population management quality improvement strategies, as well as deploying an open-source quality measurement software platform (popHealth) to enable comprehensive tracking and evaluation of clinical quality measures across the region.
- Partnerships with four Regional Extension Centers, State departments of health, quality improvement organizations, and the American Medical Association.
- Use of community linkages with pharmacies (CVS, Walgreens) and smoking cessation quit lines for selected practices.
- Combined individual patient and population health approaches.
- Northwestern University (Chicago Health IT Regional Extension Center)
- Alliance of Chicago Community Health Services
- American Medical Association
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- MetaStar, Inc. (Wisconsin REC)
- Telligen, Inc. (Illinois Quality Improvement Organization)
- Northern Illinois University (Illinois Regional Extension Center)
- Northwestern Memorial Physicians Group
- Purdue University (Indiana Regional Extension Center)
- University of Chicago