Geographic Region: New York (New York City)
Reach: Practices (315), Providers (900), Population (1.35 million)
HealthyHearts NYC cooperative is operating throughout the five boroughs of New York City. The study aims to examine organizational mechanisms that may impact ABCS outcomes and implementation through the use of practice facilitation, expert consultation, and peer-to-peer learning. Using a robust study design that combines quantitative and qualitative evaluative methods, HealthyHearts NYC will assess internal and external factors that affect the translation of new evidence into practice and impact patient care, with a heavy focus on urban/inner-city practices serving primarily lower income and/or minority populations.
- Public-private partnership between New York University, the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, and the Community Health Care Association of New York State, the oldest federally-designated State Primary Care Association in the U.S.
- Focus on practices that serve low income and underserved populations in an urban setting.
- Use of a synergistic, city-wide electronic health record.
- Inclusion of Federally Qualified Health Centers and independent private practices.
- New York University School of Medicine
- New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Primary Care Information Project (PCIP)
- Community Health Care Association of New York State (CHCANYS)