Heart Health Now! Advancing Heart Health in North Carolina Primary Care
Geographic Region: North Carolina
Reach: Practices (250-300), Providers (750-900), Population (1.13-1.35 million)
Heart Health Now! (HHN) encompasses the socio-economically diverse state of North Carolina. The cooperative addresses the state’s cardiovascular disease epidemic, seeking practice infrastructure improvements to enhance primary care delivery. The project focuses on implementing practice-level and self-management protocols to encourage ABCS adoption through multiple channels, as well as deploying a statewide electronic health records system to standardize reporting mechanisms, enabling cross tabulation of data.
- Use of Area Health Education Centers (AHECs) for practice support.
- Linkage of practices to advanced informatics tools.
- Emphasis on including practices that serve low-income, rural, and underserved populations.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Cecil G. Steps Center for Health Services Research
- North Carolina Healthcare Quality Alliance (NCHQA)
- Community Care of North Carolina, Inc. (CCNC)
- North Carolina Area Health Education Centers Program (NC-AHEC)
- North Carolina Community Health Center Association
- North Carolina Academy of Family Practice (NCAFP)