Healthy Hearts for Oklahoma
Geographic Region: Oklahoma
Reach: Practices (250-270), Providers (500-750), Population (1.00-1.25 million)
Healthy Hearts Oklahoma (H2O) primarily focuses on networking smaller primary care practices across a large, rural region to share lessons learned from high-performing practices to others across the state. To assist with the sharing of data and information, the cooperative is constructing an effective, sustainable Oklahoma Primary Healthcare Improvement Cooperative (OPHIC) that can serve as a resource to the emerging Oklahoma Primary Healthcare Extension System (OPHES), supporting dissemination and implementation of patient-centered outcomes research findings into practice workflow and operations.
- Emphasis on reaching practices that serve Native American, rural, and underserved populations.
- Connection of each participating practice to a statewide Health Information Exchange Organization, MyHealth.
- Large number of small and medium-sized practices in the state.
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Oklahoma Primary Healthcare Improvement Cooperative (OPHIC)
- Oklahoma Foundation for Medical Quality (OFMQ) & HITREC
- Public Health Institute of Oklahoma (PHIO)
- Community Service Council (CSC)
- Oklahoma Center for Healthcare Improvement
- County Health Improvement Organizations (CHIO)
- Oklahoma City County Health Department
- Oklahoma State Department of Health
- Tulsa City County Health Department